The MES Engineer is a key member of the Professional Services team. In this role, the MES Engineer will assist in requirements gathering, technical proposals, design and development of complex MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) projects.
The MES Engineer will act as the technical lead, as well as an individual contributor on these engagements, contributing to software architecture design, development of software applications, and integration into enterprise systems.
· Perform high level technical analysis activities, such as requirements gathering and gap analysis of user requirements.
· Define MES solution architectures and develop detailed design specifications.
· Define functional requirements through client interviews, documentation analysis, and Work Flow Process Mapping (Value Stream Maps).
· Contribute to, and potentially lead, implementation of MES solutions utilizing Wonderware MES, Wonderware Workflow, FT Metrics, Proficy PlantApps.
· Provide expert knowledge and experience to estimate the technical effort required to implement complex MES solutions.
· Responsible for technical deliverables during the entire lifecycle of MES solution development projects.
· Actively participate on a technical project team, ensuring that effective relationships are built and maintained.
· Proactively engage with customers in order to define the overall technical approach for MES solutions.
· Effectively apply E-Tech execution methodology and embrace project standards.
· Proactively report on project progress against schedule.
· Manage and report on adjustments to scope, schedule, and issues.
· Participate in strategic and tactical planning sessions.
· Assist existing customers in problem resolution and help define future opportunities with those customers.
· Provide Sure Service support to clients under contract.
· Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science or minimum 5 years industry experience in software development programming, or engineering discipline.
· Minimum 4 years experience in industrial software services functions.
· Minimum 4 years experience designing or implementing MES applications (Manufacturing Execution Systems).
· Experience with one or more of the following systems a plus – Werum, Syncade, Invensys, Wonderware, FactoryTalk, POMSnet, Camstar, Elan designing or implementing MES applications.
· Must be willing and able to travel up to 25% of the time.
· Good communication skills, a team player, ability to energize others.
· Business acumen in a technical environment.
· Software skills in software analysis, design, methodology, and architecture.
· Programming experience in software development with Microsoft Visual Studio / Development tools and C# programming.
· Strong exposure to MES technologies, including automated data collection, historian applications, visualization, quality and efficiency in manufacturing, SCADA, automated decision control, workflow, database applications, scheduling, and interface to ERP systems.
· Exposure to enterprise level large-scale applications.
· Experience with .NET technologies like WPF, WCF, WF, or Silver light.
· Experience with SQL programming and databases.
· Experience in multi-threaded applications development.
· Experience in IT environment or organization.
etech-group.comClick here to apply for this position.